Clare Cullen AKA Clisare has been impressive of late posting more serious videos about issues that affect us all. None more so than abortion.
Here watch her playing both sides of the argument about abortion in Ireland and the move to repeal the 8th amendment.
FYI The Eighth Amendment equates the right to life of a pregnant woman with that of an embryo or foetus. In doing so it criminalises abortion in all cases except where to continue a pregnancy would result in death. Considered an archaic and dangerous law it:
– infringes on the human rights of women in Ireland and goes against international human rights norms
– denies access to basic health care, forcing over 154,000 to travel overseas to obtain an abortion since 1980
– criminalises those who self-administer abortion pills in Ireland
– maintains a false and medically dangerous distinction between risk to health and risk to life
– discriminates against those who cannot travel to obtain abortions
– does not reflect present public opinion in Ireland