On behalf of Sideline Productions and grintageireland.com a huge thanks to everyone who supported Ireland’s first ever radio comedy festival. As you can see by the final programme below it was a massive challenge for everybody involved. But we pulled it off but with not without a tremendous team effort.
Special thanks to
- All the agents and artists who answered the call and the audiences who filled the theatre night after night
- RTE Radio 1’s Head of Comedy & Entertainment Anne Marie Power and all the RTE team in radio promos, marketing, PR and TV design
- The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland who not only majority funded the festival but who also turned up to support the live shows
- Sideline’s Production team – including David Noble, Pat O’Mahony and series editor Eoin Sweeney – who employed all their skills in development, pre production and on the night thus ensuring a top class end product for listeners.
- RTE Radio Outside Broadcast team (thanks Tom & Co). A pleasure to work with.
- Ballyfermot College of Further Education who attached selected radio students to the festival across the 8 days. They were all willing learners and volunteers, made everyone welcome and throughout the week shadowed the professional audio crew. Talent for the future …
- The Project Arts Centre – Andrew, Claire, David and all the staff – front and back of house, bar and box office, tech and lighting. What a great live venue for comedy – and radio comedy to boot.
- Adam & Michaella of Grintageireland.com for updating and sharing stories, promo videos and news
- And last – but by all means the most – live show producer Maoliosa (Milly) McLaughlin who put her heart and soul into making sure everything and everybody ran smoothly from start to finish. Without whom etc etc ….
Listen out for COMEDY SHOWHOUSE through 2016 – the shows air on RTE Radio 1 from April onwards.
‘Til the next time.