The Nose of Tralee is now running for its fifth year in a row.
The Nose of Tralee is an annual pet competition run by Pet Sitters Ireland who is Ireland’s largest Pet Sitting and Dog Walking company. The competition is open to all 32 counties and any type of pet. The pets chosen will then represent their county in the final.
The chosen winner will receive:
- Title Of Nose of Tralee 2018
- 200 euro Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Voucher
- Photo Shoot with David MaCauley Photography including canvas image
- Painting of your pet by Irish Artist Gill O’Shea (Dabble In Art)
- 6 month Buster Box Subscription (alternative will be provided for pets other than dogs)
- 1 month supply of Naturo Pet Food
The 32 finalists have now been chosen and they include lots of dogs, a cat and a budgie.
Each pet will be judged on the following and the pet with the most points will go through to the final. Final scores will not be made public and in the event that the winner does not want to participate in the final stages then the runner-up will be put through to the final.
- Number of Public Votes (33% of score)
- Quality, cuteness and uniqueness of photo (33% of score)
- Written entry (33% of score)
Here are some of the entrants below:
You can check out the other candidates here.
“This year we can’t wait to see a variety of different types of pets enter and we are especially looking forward to meeting all of the 5 years of finalists at our live event,” says Kate McQuillan, owner of Pet Sitters Ireland.
“Ireland is a nation of huge animal lovers and we look forward to this time of year to celebrate the special bond that people have with their pets. If you think your pet is the next Nose of Tralee, then we can’t wait to hear from you!”
This year’s crew was selected by a series of judging and public votes, and will continue on in the competition to be judged and eventually crowned by a panel of judges including author Lorna Sixsmith and comedienne Tara Flynn.
The winner will be announced via a Facebook Live on the Pet Sitters Ireland Facebook Page on the 21 August.
To cast your vote, click here.