Our favourite puppet Bosco has announced a tour to celebrate his 40th anniversary.
Bosco is an Irish children’s television programme produced during the late 1970s and 1980s. It was produced and shown by RTÉ in Ireland.
This is how he introduces himself on his Facebook page: Hi boys and girls and grownups, I’m Bosco. I was born sometime in the late seventies, and I’m five years old. My hobbies include arts and craft and going to the zoo.
So there it is, Bosco is forever 5.
Boscos interests include going to the Zoo, singing, living in his box, watching stuff being made, talking in a high pitched voice
Here’s a look back on the prime entertainment on Irish day television back in the 80’s.
The tour was announced on Bosco’s official Facebook page over the weekend. See below:
Some of my proudest moments throughout the years include:
- Outselling U2 with my LP in 1983
- Learning how to communicate with the Lemurs at Dublin Zoo in 1986
- Performing at the Electric Picnic Festival in Stradbally Hall
- Appearing on the Late Late Toy Show in 2013
- Helping WEEE Ireland raise almost a quarter of a million euros for LauraLynn Ireland’s Children’s Hospice!
If you are interested in going to the show, refresh your memory with some of Boscos greatest hits below. He outsold U2 with this LP.
- Bosco’s Theme
- This Is Where I Live
- Shoes, Stockings and Laces
- See Me Sail
- Where Do You Live?
- The Big Tree Sways
- I Am A Bandsman
- Windy Day
- Double Bubble Trouble
- The Shadow Song
- Mirror Mirror
- I’m Painting
- Food, Food, Food
- The Boy Who Had A Balloon
- Busy Bumble Bee
- The Ball of String
- Saw Saw Saw
- Ronnie the Rhino
- Paper Paper
- Bosco’s Theme